Department of Physics has been established in June 1963 with the establishment of the college. It offers three-year degree program & research facility for Ph.D. program in physics. The Department is rich in educational infrastructural facilities. Highly qualified and dynamic faculties are working in the department with full devotion. The department always tries to develop overall personality of students by conducting various student-centric activities. The total 246 students are studying in the department in the academic year 2022-2023. Student teacher ratio is 41:01. The central library of the college having total 3081 books with 1349 titles of the physics subject. The department is WI-FI enabled. Students & faculties of the department are provided with internet facilities. Department has 4 laboratories including 1 general lab, 2 research labs and 1 dark room. High quality research equipments are available in the department such as BET surface area analyser, Hydrothermal synthesis autoclave, X-band microwave bench for studying the dielectric properties of the materials.
Program : Under Graduate
1. To understand the concepts and significance of the various physical phenomena.
2. To carry out experiments to understand the laws and concepts of Physics.
3. To apply the theories learnt and the skills acquired to solve real time problems.
4. To acquire a wide range of problem solving skills, both analytical and computational and to apply them.
5. To produce graduates who excel in the competencies and values required for good researcher to serve a rapidly evolving global community.
6. To motivate the students to pursue PG courses in reputed institutes.
7. To provide the students with creative and analytical skills.
8. be able to make effective use of information technology.
Faculties working in the department
No.of Years of Experience
No. of Ph.D./ M.Phil. students guided for the last 4 years
Dr. G. N. Shinde
M. Sc. , M.Phill.,Ph.D.
Mr. G. S. Duthade
M. Sc. , B.Ed.,M.Phill
Head and Assitant Professor
Dr. P.R. Mirkute
M. Sc. ,P.hd.
Mr. S.M. Delmade
M. Sc. ,B.Ed.,SET
Dr. P.R. Chikate
M. Sc. , M.Phill.,Ph.D.
Mr. A.R. Gurkhude
M. Sc. , SET
Dr. N.L. Ingle
M. Sc. M.Phil. , SET,Ph.D.
Grant in aid department.
Eligible and qualified staff.
Computers with internet facility.
Activities: (Last three years for students):
Awards and Honors of the faculties :
Dr. Ganeshchandra N. Shinde:
• Ex Pro-Vice Chancellor, S.R.T.M.U., Nanded.
• 100 Research Paper Published in peer reviewed international Journal
• Shortlisted for the post of Vice-Chancellor for different Universities: 08
• “Ideal State Teacher Award”, Govt. of Maharashtra, Mumbai (2008-2009)
• “Best Principal Award” S. R. T. M. University, Nanded (2009-2010)
• “Benzonji Jalnawala” Awards, B. Sc. Merit 1st, Marathwada University, Aurangabad (1985)
• “Merit IV” - M. Sc., Marathwada University, Aurangabad (1987)
• “Best College Award”, S. R. T. M. University, Nanded (2015-16)
• “Marquee’s World -Who’s-Who-2004”, USA.
• “Chair of the Session” for four International Conferences in “Abroad”
• National Social Service Award: “Rastriya Samaj Seva Puraskar” on 13th Anniversary ceremony from Kavya Mitra Mandal, Pune.
• Dr. Shankarrao Chavan Gururatna Award: on 19th birth anniversary ceremony from Maharashtra State Marathi Patrakar Sangh, Mimansa Foundation, Human Right.
Sophisticated Major Instruments for research :
• BET surface analyser
• Autoclave 400 ml
• Muffle furnace
• Microwave bench X band
• Digital viscometert
• Low temperature bath